Tuesday 7 March 2017

DIACONATE ORDINATION

Recently I was privileged to attend the Diaconate Ordination of two seminarians who stayed with us last summer - Bartłomiej Cudziło and Mateusz Mryka.

The ordination took place in the parish of Our Lady of Częstochowa in Knurów, southern Poland

It was a tremendous joy to be with this fine young men as they begin their ministry as members of the clergy.  I am grateful to the Parish Priest of Knurów for his kind hospitality but my thanks mist also go to Father Mateusz, Michał Rosinski, Kamil Pyta and the families of the newly ordained deacons for their kindness and care to me during my stay.  Bóg zapłać!

Below are some pictures of the ordination - some of them courtesy of the Archdiocese of Katowice website.



The Church of Our Lady of Częstochowa Knurów
(Yes I know it's pink!!!)


Another view of the church



Deacon Mateusz


Deacon Bartłomiej 



Being presented for Ordination
'Most Reverend Father,
Holy Mother Mother Church asks you to ordained these men,
 our brothers for service as Deacons....'



The Bishop with the newly ordained Deacons and other Clergy



 On the Sunday morning I was able to celebrate Mass at the new centre dedicated to St John Paul II in Kraków.  Here I am concelebrating Sunday Mass in the main chapel of the basilica




No comments: