Tuesday 3 January 2012

THE HOLY NAME OF JESUS

To-day the Church celebrates the memorial of the Holy Name of Jesus - the only name given to us through which we may receive salvation.

How sweet the name of Jesus sounds
in a believer's ear!
it soothes his sorrows, heals in wounds,
and drives away his fear

It makes the wounded spirit whole,
and calms the troubled breast;
tis manna to the hingry soul,
and to the weary rest.

Dear name! the rock on which I build,
my sheild and hiding place,
my never failing treasury filled
with boundless stores of grace.

Jesus! my Shepherd, Brother, Friend
my Prophet, Priest and King,
My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End,
accept the praise I bring.

Weak is the effort of my heart,
and cold my warmest thought;
But when I see Thee as Thou art,
I'll praise Thee as I ought.

Till then I would thy love proclcaim
with every fleeting breath;
and my the music of thy name
refresh my soul in death.

No comments: