Friday 18 November 2016

FRATERNAL VISIT


In the middle of October we welcomed back to our parish Father Alosza Miciński from Kazakhstan. 

The text of his homily the weekend he was with us is given below.

My I take this opportunity to thank you all again for your kindness and generosity towards Father during his visit and in the retiring collection.  The total amount raised was £2,300.  This being made up of the Retiring Collection, Mass Stipends and my own personal contribution.  

Drodzy Bracia i Siostry,

Po raz kolejny stoję przed Wami tutaj w tym kościele. Widzę znajome już mi twarze, rozpoznaję znajomych ludzi. Stoję przed Wami jako jeden z Was, jako Wasz brat w Chrystusie, który co prawda na co dzień jest daleko, ale który sercem jest blisko tej parafii i tego co się tutaj dzieje.

My dear brothers and sisters,

Once again I stand before you here in this church. I see faces by now familiar to me and recognize people I know. I stand before you as one of you, as your brother in Christ, who, if truth be told, is normally far away, but whose heart is close to this parish and to what happens here.

Przed oczami mam jeszcze obraz sprzed kilku lat, kiedy to jeszcze jako diakon stałem tutaj w tym miejscu dzieląc się doświadczeniem życia i prosząc o modlitwę, a potem co roku stawałem przed Wami już jako ksiądz i dzieliłem się doświadczeniem człowieka, który posługuje na misjach głosząc Jezusa Chrystusa, nieraz także i tym, którzy o nim  - o Chrystusie – nigdy przedtem nie słyszeli.

The picture I still have before my eyes is one from a few years ago, when as a deacon, I stood here in the same place, sharing my experiences of life and asking for your prayers. Then each year as a priest, I again stood here before you, sharing the experiences of someone who works as a missionary, preaching about Jesus Christ, sometimes even to those who have never heard of Him—of Christ—before.

Wasza parafia stała się bardzo mi bliska do takiego stopnia, że bardzo często myślę o Was i o tym czasie który dotychczas dane mi było spędzić pośród Was, ale także i o tych ludziach bliskich memu sercu, których tutaj spotkałem i poznałem.

This parish has become very dear to me, so much so that I often think about you and the time that so far I have been able to spend with you, and also about those close to my heart who I have met and got to know here.

Cały czas powtarzałem i nadal to powtarzam, że Kościół jest jeden, że Kościół jest misyjny i w tym Bożym Kościele my wszyscy – chociaż mamy różne zadania i obowiązki – to jednak my wszyscy jesteśmy braćmi i siostrami.

I always emphasize and will continue to emphasize that there is only one Church, that it is a Missionary Church, and that in God’s Church all of us – even though we have different tasks and responsibilities – all of us nevertheless are brothers and sisters.

W naszej posłudze w Kazachstanie dużo się nie zmieniło: nadal borykamy się z trudnościami związanymi z ciężkimi warunkami pracy i posługi, klasztoru i domu parafialnego jeszcze nie zacząłem budować, pojawiają się nowe trudności i potrzeby, którym nie zawsze od razu możemy sprostać, takie na przykład jak: wymiana dachu w Kościele (bo zaczął przeciekać), zrobienie elewacji zewnętrznej na Kościele, osuszenie Kościelnych fundamentów, zmiana oświetlenia w Kościele i td.

In our ministry in Kazakhstan little has changed: we continue to struggle with the difficulties associated with the harsh conditions under which we work and serve; I have not yet started building the monastery and parish centre; new problems and needs crop up that we cannot always immediately address, such as replacing the church roof (as it leaks), constructing the façade, drying out the church foundations, changing the internal lighting, and so forth.

Cieszy natomiast jedno powołanie do naszej wspólnoty zakonnej, udało się przetrwać zimę (która była bardzo ciężka, by nie powiedzieć okropna), zostały namalowane i przywiezione dwa bardzo duże obrazy do Kościoła (obraz Matki Bożej Niepokalanie Poczętej i obraz Jezusa Miłosiernego). O tym można mówić jeszcze bardzo dużo i wiele…

In contrast we were delighted by the addition of a new member to our religious community; that we managed to survive the winter (which was very severe, not to say terrible); and by two very large images that were painted and brought to the church (an image of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception and an image of The Divine Mercy). A lot more could be said about all this and in more detail …

Ale chciałbym w tym miejscu – szczególnie - podziękować każdemu i każdej z Was za każdy wyraz pamięci, za każdy dar serca, za każdą ofiarę złożoną i poniesioną dla dobra naszej misji. Szczególnie dziękuję za troskę o mnie i za modlitwę w mojej intencji, szczególnie wtedy, kiedy borykałem się z olbrzymimi problemami zdrowotnymi. To Wasze wsparcie, ta Wasza pamięć i ta Wasza troska były i nadal pozostają dla mnie bardzo ważne. Cenię sobie to bardzo i serdecznie za to dziękuję.

But at this juncture I would especially like to thank each and every one of you for each expression of remembrance, for each gift from the heart, for each offering made and sacrifice endured for the good of our mission. In particular, I thank you for your concern for me, for your prayers for me, especially when I was battling against huge health problems. Your support, your intent not to forget about me, your concern, were and continue to remain very important to me. I appreciate it very much and thank you sincerely.

Ze swojej strony zapewniam po raz kolejny o mojej modlitwie i proszę Boga, by to On Sam wynagrodził każdy poryw Waszego serca skierowany w moją stronę oraz stronę naszej placówki misyjnej. Niech Was Bóg, Miłosierny i Kochający Ojciec, błogosławi i strzeże, a Matka Boża, nasza Matka, ma w Swojej matczynej opiece. Zmarłym, którzy odeszli, niech Pan da wieczny odpoczynek razem ze Świętymi w Swoim Królestwie.

For my part, I once again assure you of my prayers, and I ask God that He Himself reward every effusion from the heart for me and for our missionary outpost. May God, the Merciful and Loving Father, bless you and keep you, and the Mother of God, our Mother, keep us in Her maternal care. For those who have died may the Lord grant them eternal rest in His Kingdom in the company of the Saints.

Proszę Was, nadal pamiętajcie o nas…

Please, I ask you not to forget about us …


No comments: