Monday 1 February 2010

A FEW DAYS AWAY


I managed to have a few days break at couple of weeks ago. I went down to see a friend of mine in the Diocese of Clifton. As is becoming the norm these days, my friend Fr. Philip Thomas also serves two parishes. One in the lovely Cathedral City of Wells and the other eight miles away in Shepton Mallet.

Using his parish as a base I was able to visit some of the surrounding areas: The Benedictine Abbey at Buckfast (no I didn't sample their famous tonic wine), the village of Morebath made famous by a book entitled ''The Voices of Morebath'' by the church historian, Eamon Duffy. We also had a trip to Oxford where we spent more money than sense on books and cd's.

All in all I had a lovely time and came back to the parish refreshed ready to take up my duties once again.

In this post there are pictures of Wells Cathedral and Morebath Parish Church.

No comments: