Monday 6 January 2014

CHRISTMAS

The celebration of Christmas was very enjoyable in both our churches.  The early Vigil Mass on Christmas Eve was packed to the rafters with many parishioners and visitors who joined us for the celebration.
 
Mass at Midnight in St Marie's brought many people together to welcome the Incarnate Word.  Mass was celebrated by candlelight which made the whole celebration very atmospheric.
 
The two Masses on Christmas Day were well attended by both parishioners and visitors.
 
My thanks go to those who made the celebrations so enjoyable.  All those who worked so hard in cleaning the churches before the celebrations.  Those who then set to and decorated the churches with floral arrangements and candles and cribs.  All working together means no one is left to do it all on their own.
 
My thanks also go to our musicians who helped us raise our minds and hearts to God in prayer and joyful song.
 
My special thanks go to our dedicated team of altar servers in both churches who not only faithfully turn up week by week to serve Mass but came to the celebrations of Christmas as well.  My thanks also go to my trusted friend and MC for guiding me through the ceremonies and making sure that all was done as it should be but above all, as the great Jesuit motto has it:
 
 AMDG - Ad majoram Dei Gloriam - For the greater Glory of God. 
 
After all the liturgical celebrations were completed I was able to go and spend some time with my family and 'christen' a gift given to me by a dear friend.
 
 

No comments: