Thursday 26 November 2015

SCHOOL NEWS

 
We are blest in our parish to have two excellent primary schools. Every time I visit them I am always impressed by the quality of teaching and learning that takes place in our schools but with our Catholic schools I always feel there is a special 'value added' dimension.  That surely stems from our Faith perspective where every child is valued and  matters as we believe they are created in the image and likeness of God.
 
In both our schools I see great examples how the faith is taught in the classroom but also put into practice in the daily life of the school.  When I was first ordained I remember a teacher saying to me 'Father our schools are not simply state schools with RE Departments attached.  Our Faith permeates everything that we do'.  This is certainly the case in our two excellent primary schools
 
I know that it is not always possible for parishioners to visist our schools and see first hand the excellent work that goes on there but through the medium of technology we are able to have a glimpse into school life by looking at the schools websites and blogs.
 
I hope that you will take a moment to look at the following links and see for yourselves the excellent work that is being done in the name of our parish by our dedicated teaching staff for the benefit of our young people.
 

 
SAINT MARIE'S SCHOOL
www.stmariesrcp.co.uk


SAINT JOSEPH'S SCHOOL
www.sjsb.co.uk

 




No comments: