Wednesday 8 April 2009

A NICE COMMENT

The other day I was looking at the Latin Mass Society Blog for our Diocese of Salford. www.lmssalford.blogspot.com Many thanks to Neil Walker our diosesan representative for his kind comments about our parish blog and the good work that our parish is doing. I noticed in the comments box one kind person has written the following. I hope they don't mind me reproducing it here:
''Thank you for prayers answered. Since reading 'Sacred then and Sacred now' The return of the old Latin Mass by Pope Benedict XVI, I have yearned for the restoration of the Extraordinary form. It must be understood, that it never did go away The Pope in his previous capacity as Cardinal was a great advocate of freedom for the 1962 Missal. Vatican II may have ordained a 'reform of the liturgical books, but did not forbid the previous books'. I have kept up todate as far as time will allow with developments in the restoration of the classical liturgy by reading Catholic literature sympathetic to it inclusive of my subscriptions to Catholic newspapers, and so developed an interest before reading Pope Benedict's fine literature on it edited by Thomas E. Woods.
Father Wadsworth is indeed doing a fine job and I would encourage others to come along to these Masses on Friday evenings; there they will find a richness and beauty, both peaceful and edifying.'

No comments: