Wednesday 19 January 2011

A QUICK REVIEW

Due to the fact i havent posted anything for a while I will try and summarise events over the last few months to bring this up to date and then hopefully all will be well.
Christmas seems a distance memory as I wirte this post, but I am happy to say that things went very well here in the parish.
The scene for Christmas was set by our annual service of nine lessons and carols by candlelight. Having the snow and ice didnt help with the numbers attending but those who came enjoyed a very prayerful service and rflection in prepartation for the apporaching Feast.
Masses for the Chirstmas Fewast were duly celebrated in both our churches. Here I record my thanks to theose who worked so hard in preparing our churches for the celebration of the liturgy. It would be impossible to name all those who have helped by name, but you know who you are and I am deeply grateful for your help and support.
Hot on the heals was the Feast of The Holy Family and again we gathered in church for our Sunday Masses. The Bank Holiday was welcomed as a time of relaxation, especially for priests!!!

No comments: